Just Like...
Since the concert, I've found a way to integrate Stevie's music into all conversations. Usually I do it in my head so as not to embarrass myself, but for the special few, I'll belt it out. Sample dialog below:
Special Few: Have you tried that new restaurant in town? It's like...
Me: Just like a white winged dove...sings a song....!!
Special Few: Uh, yea...
Joe Public: Today I was totally on the edge...
Me (in my head): ....of seventeen?
To say the concert was awesome would be an understatement. I was up and singing each song before anyone else in my row, all of whom I quickly decided were "average" Stevie fans. I'd hear the drums start or a guitar rif and I'd be up like a seasoned pro. And to prove my complete fanhood, I cried during "Landslide." But don't you think I didn't sing AND cry, because I did, completely off-key and between sobs. Quite a sight!! Final word: fantastic!!!!
Special Few: Have you tried that new restaurant in town? It's like...
Me: Just like a white winged dove...sings a song....!!
Special Few: Uh, yea...
Joe Public: Today I was totally on the edge...
Me (in my head): ....of seventeen?
To say the concert was awesome would be an understatement. I was up and singing each song before anyone else in my row, all of whom I quickly decided were "average" Stevie fans. I'd hear the drums start or a guitar rif and I'd be up like a seasoned pro. And to prove my complete fanhood, I cried during "Landslide." But don't you think I didn't sing AND cry, because I did, completely off-key and between sobs. Quite a sight!! Final word: fantastic!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home