Sunday, August 07, 2005

Small Pants--Big Ideas

I've gotten too big for my own britches as a result of my swollen blogger confidence. I thought, since I could handle this whole blog-thing, I could easily create my own website--like, in three hours. So I tracked down my friend and fellow PhDer, JKF, for some HTML instruction. He did a great job of breaking down the system into understandable bites, walked me through the pros and cons of a static website and "Dreamweaver" software, and even started my UCSB site with "Sarah loves penis" as a header. Glad we were able to change "penis" to "bacon" and quickly. Anyway, when I got home to try my newly gleaned web moves, I failed. In fact, I couldn't even figure out how to download one of the main go-between components needed to begin. I defaulted and called J for help and--although he got me through that puddle of muck--I gave up soon after. Perhaps I'll try it another day when my bruised techie ego has healed.

PS--If G is reading this and wondering, "why the F isn't she doing REAL work?" my response is suck it with your tongue. ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your homepage hasn't changed...come on sarah...get with it. learn this html stuff and get going. we're all waiting........

9:57 PM  
Blogger Hootah said...

Yeah, but I added a "site meter" to this blog. Doesn't that count for something?

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, but you need to block your own IP address so that you're counting yourself as a vist...good job though.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Hootah said...

I'm sticking my tongue out at you...

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home