Thursday, January 12, 2006

Contagious Narcolepsy

Is narcolepsy contagious? If so, I might have picked it up during my travels. I'm still fighting the urge to sleep while teaching, reading, driving, checking email, etc. My slumber still begins around eight or nine and today I arose at five. There isn't much on TV at that time, so I was forced to be productive and work on revising my Brooks course reader which should have been dropped at the printer weeks ago. Ah well. After six this evening my weekend starts and I can go back to coma stage. If it seems like my adjustment period is too lengthy, listen to the advice a fellow Michigander and avid traveler gave--your body needs one full day to recover from each hour of time difference. So I have two weeks, minimum, to get my head out of my ass. For the sake of my students, I hope it doesn't take that long. But it sure sounds like a good excuse to take my sweet time acclimating! A few more pics from better days...

NYE--Rockin' out to the Thai reggae band around 11:30pm!! Like the hat?? It's tissue paper and I think I sweat through it...















NYE--Sarah enjoys a genuine pineapple drink, and, much to the embarrassment of her peers, tries to eat the leftover fruity flesh on the inside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home