Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Rain Day

I plan to use today as preparation for the big flood. I'm sure we're being punished for the re-election of Detroit's crook--er--mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, as well as the "no" sweep on California's special election propositions. What a waste of time and money. Since it has rained half an inch in an hour (a lot for us here--thanks for the hourly update GBP) and shows no sign of stopping, I'm bottling my important documents and sending them into the flood with the hope that someone will salvage them from what once was Santa Barbara. Included in my floating bottle parade will be my planner, address book, jump drive with a copy of my laptop's files, pictures of family and friends, a few valuables and my last will and testament with strict instructions for cremation, which will prove difficult after they find my water-logged body still horizontal on the couch. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home