Sunday, September 04, 2005

Lucky Studenting Day

Today I was a good girnl (purposeful misspelling) and went to the library for a few hours. I scoured the shelves on the sixth floor--where I might forward my mail, as it houses all the education and English studies texts--for the books I've marked as critical for my second year project. By the way, I've set my due date for December first. Continuing, I ended up down on the main floor checking out over a dozen books. Of course, several were archival pieces and old journals, meaning they were "reference" and couldn't be taken for more than 24hrs. To make it even nastier, they charge by the hour if you're late. Boo hiss!!!

But this is where my good luck kicks in. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I get to keep the books for 48hrs!! Then I thought, screw it, I'll just photocopy what I need! I took the books over to the xerox machines but they were unresponsive to my prodding. I powered them back up and realized that the pay-slot-thingie was missing. Yes, I've hit the graduate student jackpot--ALL COPIES WERE FREE!!! Since it is a holiday weekend, and most people are out doing fun stuff, the library assumed there would be few looking for copy machines. They decided today was the day to trade the old ones out for the new ones. But they weren't quick enough to add the change machines to them! Ha-ha!! I win!! I copied nearly fifty pages on THEIR dime and didn't have to check those damned "reference" books out after all. They can keep their extra 24hrs. and I can save a trip out to campus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Huginkiss said...

Seriously, that is the grad student jackpot! Did you immediately run out and buy a lotto ticket? : )

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home