Random Things About Me
Ten Random Things to Know About Me
- Carnations are ugly. When I receive flowers, I pick them out and toss them.
- Brussell sprouts make me gag. Even the smell of them cooking. However, I like cooked cabbage. Figure that one out.
- Tall men are hot. I would easily take an average-looking man who stands 6'3 over a drop-dead gorgeous model at 5'9. When you're 6'0 in heels, you have to be choosy.
- My favorite smells include honeysuckle, jasmine, touberose and gardenia.
- Fall is the best season. I love the bright colors, the cooling temps and the smell of dried leaves and woodsmoke that comes with that time of year. It makes me homesick for MI as CA doesn't have any "real" seasons.
- "Please," "thank you," "excuse me," and other basic courtesies are NEVER overrated.
- I have issues with raw meat. I find it difficult to prepare anything that oozes blood. Chicken I'm cool with, pork is good too, but hamburger and its bloody cousins are just plain gross. Yet I love sushi. Oh the many paradoxes of me. [Ed. Note: Don't get me wrong--I love a good piece of beef, as long as it's cooked well. I am from the midwest after all. It's the handling of/preparing I have the issue with...oh, and eating anything that has red stuff coming out of it gets yuck points too. It breaks my father's heart to see me microwave his beautifully rare prime rib each Christmas. Sorry dad!]
- I feel a special connection with certain animals, such as Canadian geese, sting/manta rays, pelicans and octopus. Probably because I have cool stories about interactions with each.
- I cry more than the average person. I cry for good times, bad times, in-between times. I just cry. I've always been that way. Someone recently told me it's because I live life more passionately than most. I like that idea.
- My friends think I'm funny. More importantly, I think I'm funny. I crack myself up more than I should. This is probably a result of living alone for a few years. I am my own best audience. But I also find myself laughing when others don't. Like in the movies. What does this mean?
Comments welcome!

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home