Pound Purry Name: Please Vote
Monday afternoon I went to ASAP, the "we don't euthanize" cat camp in SB, and adopted a purry. He, or "it," is a six to seven year old flame-point Siamese. I'd guess he's about six pounds, buff in color with orange "tips" (nose, ears, tail). One ear is a bit goofy-looking and folded over, but it fits because he's an odd kitty. I'm sure you all want pictures, but he emerges from under my bed only a few times a day. Check out this site for a general idea of his likeness.
So the big question is what to name him. The pound had him labeled "Meow Ling," and his previous owner (who sent him back!!) called him "Skittles" or something equally lame. Right now he goes by "Fang," because of his unusually long canine teeth--so long they hang out of his mouth when it's closed. I asked my students for suggestions, along with my folks and GBP.
Here is what's on the table:
a) Simon (the Siamese)
b) Sid (Vicious--a waif rocker dude)
c) Red Adair (famous firefighter with Irish roots)
d) Percy Dovetonsils (fictional gay character from 50s TV)
e) Singha (the very delicious Thai beer)
f) Other: __?__ (perhaps a combo of the above??)
Please vote or Fang might stick, much to the chagrin of everyone I've consulted.
So the big question is what to name him. The pound had him labeled "Meow Ling," and his previous owner (who sent him back!!) called him "Skittles" or something equally lame. Right now he goes by "Fang," because of his unusually long canine teeth--so long they hang out of his mouth when it's closed. I asked my students for suggestions, along with my folks and GBP.
Here is what's on the table:
a) Simon (the Siamese)
b) Sid (Vicious--a waif rocker dude)
c) Red Adair (famous firefighter with Irish roots)
d) Percy Dovetonsils (fictional gay character from 50s TV)
e) Singha (the very delicious Thai beer)
f) Other: __?__ (perhaps a combo of the above??)
Please vote or Fang might stick, much to the chagrin of everyone I've consulted.

4 Comments:
For those curious, I finally got my landlady to fold after nearly three years of begging for a cat. She made me swear not to tell anyone and if I'm "found out," she doesn't know me, never heard of me and knows nothing about a cat. :)
what about Siam?
I like that one too, but it didn't make the final cut. As of this morning it's looking like "Fang Li." But keep the suggestions coming! ;)
Hmmm...
Well, I looked online, and "fire tip" or "fire tail" in Thai is "fai bplaai". Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. And "fang cat" is "kieow mieow" -- that's not much better, though I appreciate the symmetry of that name. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of "Fang," so...what about Esteban? : )
Post a Comment
<< Home