Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Having a Secret Crush is Not the Same as Stalking

I have a secret crush. When I say crush, I mean, there is a guy I see regularly who I think is cute. He doesn't know me from Eve, which makes it more fun. I find myself going out of my way to run into him. But this doesn't mean I'm a stalker. It means that my life is so damned uneventful, I find myself checking my mailbox (and I know quite well the mail isn't in) when he's puttering around in his storage unit so I can walk by and ignore him. It's all very passive aggressive and rooted in middle school mentality. But it brings a quick rush of excitement into my otherwise lame daily routine, so I've decided it's okay. I've learned his name, as it turns out we have mutual friends in the apartment complex. And I know what he does for a living because I see him at my "office," (the local coffee shop) and have observed his behavior. I promise this really isn't stalking. It's watching. With a twist. Anyway, I felt the need to prove that I do have fun things going on in my life after my last neurotic post. But instead I've probably confirmed my madness. Go figure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hootah said...

LOL! I'm at the "office," sitting next to the crush as we speak...and he's canoodling with what I'm guessing is his gf. Oh well. Maybe I can sneak them both into my apt?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Hootah said...

_Always_ safe Scat! ;)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home