Sunday, February 26, 2006

Post of Minimal Interest: General Update

Anne and Jason are hosting an Oscar party next weekend and I've volunteered to put together a ballot for predictions. I'm trying to get the damned thing to fit on one double-sided page so I don't have to blow my school copy budget on a TV game. The last category--technical something-or-other--is up for the big cut. I doubt anyone in our group has thoughts on editing. There is an exciting prize for the winner though.

Speaking of prizes, I went to a bbq at Tricia's man's house last night. He has his own construction company and is restoring a 1912 Craftsman on the other side of town. When I told him I was impressed with his attempt at keeping the structural integrity of the house, I thought he'd get down on one knee. Usually my love of crown molding and grout work is met with blank stares. I digress. (This is SUCH a Sarah story...) Anyway, one of the guests shows up with a pinata filled with adult goodies. We strung it up from the garage to the house and Brian (the man friend) stood on his roof pulling the rope for everyone's amusement. Picture many drunk girls being spun around five times and given a nine iron to swing at the night air. Someone eventually cracked the code and candy, mixed with mini liquor bottles, condoms and other party-store finds fell to the ground. What fun. But the Oscar party will involve a different crowd. These pinata prizes won't suffice on Oscar night.

On a side note, my favorite part of Sunday is getting the paper, chucking the news and spending an hour sifting through the coupons and inserts. I go slowly and try to savor each page of Target's circular and Rite Aid's two-fer-one deals. It's really a production and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home