Year of the Dog

Happy Chinese New Year friends! It is the year of the dog, meaning those born during this year and others under the canine sign are "loyal and make good leaders." This insight inspired me to read up on my Chinese astrological symbol, the snake. According to one website, I am "slightly dangerous and disarmingly smart--the Snake's philosophical and intuitive mind generally supersedes logic in favor of feelings and instinct." Somewhat true. But they also say I'm jealous and full of myself because of my stunning beauty. Not so much in agreement with that part. If there are any "cock" or "ox" out there--give me a holler. We're supposed to be quite compatible. Much of this reminds me of the fortune teller I met in Bangkok. For about five dollars, I had a half hour reading of my star chart (determined by my date and time of birth) and tarot cards. Although I didn't buy into the cards, I did find the chart reading quite interesting. The stars say that 2006 will be a good year for my health, career and finances. Good because I have to find a job this year and start paying off student loans in 07. I am also going to be married by the end of 08, to someone I know through school. He will be tall and a lawyer, doctor or teacher. He will also "think too much" and "talk about the same thing over and over" whatever the hell that means. And if I have children, I will have three. Now that's a laugh. At my current rate of reproductive opportunity (null) I will be birthing the final kid at fifty. Not pleasant. The fortune lady mentioned a few other things that could be easily said about anyone. But she left me thinking after quite confidently saying that I was very sensitive and unusually emotional, felt great sympathy and pity for those around me and favored the color blue above all others. Accurate, no? So maybe the Asians have something going for them with this animal year and star chart.

1 Comments:
i'm a dog :)
the rest of my family are dragons.
dragons and dogs don't get along
my! how the chinese have scorned me!
Post a Comment
<< Home