Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Movie with Heath and the Other Dude: Spoiler

Last night I discovered that I can't see "Brokeback Mountain" as planned. I was having trouble finding someone to go along with me. I am not one to make judgments (what, you don't want to see a GAY movie??!), I so accepted each declined invitation with grace. However, when I asked a friend who ALWAYS loves the same films I do, she too declined the invitation with, "No way!" I had to ask. She basically revealed the ending and the implied cause of the, well, "ending," and said she just couldn't watch it. Without giving it away, I will note that my reason for not seeing this movie is the same as why I never saw--and probably never will see-- "Million Dollar Baby;" I would not stop crying for days if I sat through the drama. Sure, it's 'just a movie,' but what happens in these films can and does happen in reality and therefore, is more than 'just a movie.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home