Monday, February 20, 2006

Loose Ends

Follow up on the latest in nerdville. I'm damn near cured people! I can walk a flight of stairs and not be winded!! Hooray! The weather in SB has been chilly and wet. Believe it. There was even a dusting of the white stuff on the mountains this past weekend. The locals are claiming the freeze of the century and pulling out the fur-lined parkas. I've just thrown on one of the seventy-four wool sweaters I've had in storage for six years.

In other news, I have confirmed plans for the trip to Chi town in March. I present at the Cs on a Friday, and plan to bond with the parents for a few days before and after. Funny how I grew up just a day's drive from Chicago, but don't remember ever doing the tourist deal there. I'm pressing mom and dad to consider checking out Sear's Tower, Navy Pier, etc. I've participated in the shopping fest on Michigan Ave, so I'm not chomping at the bit to do that. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it isn't five below during the conference. But as previously noted, I don't have a shortage of sweaters.

I continue to press on in my studies. The current plan is to take exams in April or May. I've been underground for a month because of the plague, but once exam time rolls around, you may as well cut me from all social calendars permanently. I will resume hermitage in an effort to pass the comps on my first try. Good times.

Other gossip: Anne accepted the job at Penn State. She and her hubbs Jason are moving to college town USA in June to buy a house and start real adult life. So jealous! MBP, my dearest MI friend, is coming to visit at the end of March. Her amazing beau bought her a ticket to the Barb for a long weekend as a token of his VD affection. He'll be protecting the homestead and caring for Miss Anna while momma and I drink mass quantities of vino and reminisce about sorority life and the pains of grad school, part II. Greg's SIL Linda is due to deliver in the next few weeks. I had lunch with her on Friday and the house is ready--all that's missing is the infant. I'm excited. I believe that's the scoop here in my world. Hope my many fans (hi mom) are well.

1 Comments:

Blogger I said...

I just stopped here because I liked your picture. That's about it.......

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home