Much News...
Hello and thanks for sticking with me during my absence. The last few weeks have been filled with interesting happenings.
Brooks wrapped up yet another session and the engineering kids at UCSB are finished at the end of this week. So grading has been a regular activity and will continue to be until...well...forever.
I have been under the generous care of TJPerkins, M.D. and have had more "procedures" on the house. I underwent another Levulan and Blu-u treatment for my face skins and a new guinea pig-esque treatment that involves many injections into my belly to "break the fat cells' walls, causing me to lose inches on my waist." I looked KUed for five days, as the area swells, and I acted it too, as I had no ab muscle control and couldn't get out of bed, get out of the seated position or walk without holding my gut and wincing. And the bruises were gross. G looked at them and said, "that makes my nuts hurt" and Faith took a gander and said "I'm sick to my stomach." I'd post a picture, but it really is disgusting. I have two more treatments to gain "full results" from the program. I'm thinking, I should have just gone to the damned gym. But it's free and helpful to TJP, MD.
Speaking of the family, G's sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy, "Carson," at 11:58 pm on the 12th. I guess she didn't want a baby on the 13th--so she pushed like mad and just made it. He's huge--9.10 and 22in. I saw him last night and his little hospital foot prints that they do were almost too large to fit on the paper! The hat they put on him was too small and the his legs stuck out of the end of his swaddled bundle!! He was nearly two weeks overdue... Mom and the family are happy and she said, and I quote, "I'm ready to do this again." WTF? Wait until you get the kid home. That's what I say!
So my face is flaking off again and my midsection is distended. I look like a bag lady and have to run off to teach a new group of Brooks kids in an hour. School sucks ass and I anticipate going mad if I don't advance to candidacy by June. Grrrr.
Brooks wrapped up yet another session and the engineering kids at UCSB are finished at the end of this week. So grading has been a regular activity and will continue to be until...well...forever.
I have been under the generous care of TJPerkins, M.D. and have had more "procedures" on the house. I underwent another Levulan and Blu-u treatment for my face skins and a new guinea pig-esque treatment that involves many injections into my belly to "break the fat cells' walls, causing me to lose inches on my waist." I looked KUed for five days, as the area swells, and I acted it too, as I had no ab muscle control and couldn't get out of bed, get out of the seated position or walk without holding my gut and wincing. And the bruises were gross. G looked at them and said, "that makes my nuts hurt" and Faith took a gander and said "I'm sick to my stomach." I'd post a picture, but it really is disgusting. I have two more treatments to gain "full results" from the program. I'm thinking, I should have just gone to the damned gym. But it's free and helpful to TJP, MD.
Speaking of the family, G's sister-in-law gave birth to a baby boy, "Carson," at 11:58 pm on the 12th. I guess she didn't want a baby on the 13th--so she pushed like mad and just made it. He's huge--9.10 and 22in. I saw him last night and his little hospital foot prints that they do were almost too large to fit on the paper! The hat they put on him was too small and the his legs stuck out of the end of his swaddled bundle!! He was nearly two weeks overdue... Mom and the family are happy and she said, and I quote, "I'm ready to do this again." WTF? Wait until you get the kid home. That's what I say!
So my face is flaking off again and my midsection is distended. I look like a bag lady and have to run off to teach a new group of Brooks kids in an hour. School sucks ass and I anticipate going mad if I don't advance to candidacy by June. Grrrr.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home