Oh the Pressure
I broke under the pressure. I admit it. My students finally talked me into getting a MySpace account. Although I have been intrigued by the myspace phenomena, I resisted joining the masses. Like I really need one more distraction? Please.
But it is fun. Seriously. One of my students recently dedicated his _entire_ page to me, with pictures of us together (the joys of photoshop), my course readings listed under his favorite books and my face under the title of "heroes." I'll see if I can get the images up here because they're really a laugh. (Ed. Note--An email confirmed my suspicions, that a classmate broke into his account and "edited" the content. I call these boys "the stooges" for obvious reasons...)
Otherwise, I've been busy wrapping up the quarter at UCSB, grading papers like mad and posting grades for Brooks, as they're finished this week. In the past ten days I've corrected nearly fifty five to ten page papers. I'm blind--both from reading and from the writing skills (or lack of). I have also confirmed my committee members and suggested a date for comps. If I don't advance by June, I think I may change my life path back to "Hooters" girl.
But it is fun. Seriously. One of my students recently dedicated his _entire_ page to me, with pictures of us together (the joys of photoshop), my course readings listed under his favorite books and my face under the title of "heroes." I'll see if I can get the images up here because they're really a laugh. (Ed. Note--An email confirmed my suspicions, that a classmate broke into his account and "edited" the content. I call these boys "the stooges" for obvious reasons...)Otherwise, I've been busy wrapping up the quarter at UCSB, grading papers like mad and posting grades for Brooks, as they're finished this week. In the past ten days I've corrected nearly fifty five to ten page papers. I'm blind--both from reading and from the writing skills (or lack of). I have also confirmed my committee members and suggested a date for comps. If I don't advance by June, I think I may change my life path back to "Hooters" girl.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home