Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bird of Prey, Techno Style

I like birds, specifically water fowl and birds of prey. I credit my parents with this love, as my childhood is stuffed with fond memories of the car game "point out the condor" and trips to the local pond to feed the geese. Granted, the pond was in a cemetery and we fed the geese stale bread from our mouths, but that--along with my terror of the lone goose in flight--is another post entirely. I digress.

My mother, in keeping with tradition, has introduced me to a new form of bird watching--via the net. She sent me a link to Macomb county Michigan's website. It appears that the county people, in their administrative boredom, have created a nest on top of their office building with the hope that a choice bird would make it home. They succeeded. And set up a webcam to brag. I have become obsessed with the falcon cam and check it throughout the day to catch a glimpse of the main resident and/or her two cute eggs. It is yet another form of technological procrastination that I've come to love. Thanks mom. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Hootah said...

Boo! (Hi Mom...)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home