Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blogger Stranger

I've been a blogger stranger lately. First I had some technical difficulties and had to force a friend to investigate my modem after wine tasting last weekend. Sounds fruitless, but he does IT stuff in his sleep and a few glasses of merlot didn't phase him. I was without the www for nearly five days. Oh the humanity. Once I ironed out the connection issue (thanks H), I got caught up with UCSB's last week of the academic year. Now the grades are posted and I'm finished with campus until September. At the same time, Brooks is in the final stages of session five and I'm making the big push to grade those kids' work. And poor Fangus has been sick. I won't even go into the details, but to say that my bed now sits on the floor while the frame leans against the wall and all possible hiding spots in my place have been blocked. Ear drops administered to a pissed feline twice daily--not a good time. I would get peace at night but we seem to have a peeping Tom, Dick or Harriette in the complex and everyone is on high alert. The guy a few doors over met another man's eyes through his bathroom window while showering. Yikes. There is the gossip in my life and a few extra excuses for not posting. I hope to be back in the blogging game next week when I am on my summer schedule of reading and writing full time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home