Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wake Up to June

June one. Where does the time go? Now that the holiday has passed I think it's officially summer. I have a theory that the months fly faster here (CA v. MI) because of the thin seasonal line. Back home, the changes are clear: snow flies by November first and grass gets greener in March. You know where you are on the calendar by the changes outside. Here, it's like you wake up one day and realize you need a turkey, by noon. It's no wonder one of my recurring nightmares is realizing on Christmas Eve that I haven't purchased any presents. True story and huge fear. Another factor is the school system. UC runs on quarters, while most MI colleges stick to semesters--this is the difference between ending the academic year in mid-June or end of April. You'd think after six years (gasp!--it's been THAT long??) I'd have it figured out. Not the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home