Holiday. Celebrate.
I'm sure there is a parade nearby, but I choose to show my patriotism through blogging. It's the American way. Shout out to the vets.
Yesterday was paper grading and game playing day. I went to the park to assess student writing, then the gang (the Ws and the B-Bs along with Faith) gathered for Scattergories last night. I think JW wins the creative answer award: something sticky that begins with "B"--breasts, and a weapon that begins with "M"--meat cleaver covered in blood. He had us in stitches.
Today I'm talking a stroll up to the Mission to check out the chalk art festival. Then Faith and I are headed downtown for "Wieners and Wine" party. Quite the combination, but I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps I will finish grading this evening. Unlikely though. The most recent paper sent me over the edge with the following quote, "the picture is of a black guy beating the piss outta the white guy." Don't ask. It's better that you not know.
And there goes another holiday weekend, spent farting around town and dodging tourists. I wonder if Madonna was right, that if we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate...it would be so nice.
Yesterday was paper grading and game playing day. I went to the park to assess student writing, then the gang (the Ws and the B-Bs along with Faith) gathered for Scattergories last night. I think JW wins the creative answer award: something sticky that begins with "B"--breasts, and a weapon that begins with "M"--meat cleaver covered in blood. He had us in stitches.
Today I'm talking a stroll up to the Mission to check out the chalk art festival. Then Faith and I are headed downtown for "Wieners and Wine" party. Quite the combination, but I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps I will finish grading this evening. Unlikely though. The most recent paper sent me over the edge with the following quote, "the picture is of a black guy beating the piss outta the white guy." Don't ask. It's better that you not know.
And there goes another holiday weekend, spent farting around town and dodging tourists. I wonder if Madonna was right, that if we took a holiday, took some time to celebrate...it would be so nice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home