The Pod
The "pod" is my code name for the most amazing beach chair ever invented. (<--Really, check out the link and read the stats. It's fucking impressive. And not just because it makes finding my friends at the beach super easy...) ASB and JB brought one out about a month ago and have since purchased another. After much ooing and ahhhing, I went to find one of my own. To the local Discovery Store I go. All the chairs are gone--completely sold out. I'm sad. But then I get smart and ask the manager to call every store in the country to find one for me. And that's what she did. I sat in the shiatsu massage demo chair for twenty minutes while she called the stores north, south and east. I even suggested MI as a source as I knew my family would gladly scoop it up and ship it based on the search story alone. Finally, a store in Vegas was located that had its floor model tossed in a storeroom corner. Gotcha!! An extra seven bucks and the chair was on my doorstep in twenty-four. Now that's what I call consumerism!!Naturally, the next step is to test it. The shade has a 94% UV protection shield (or something) so I don't lather up with sunscreen like I usually do. I figure I'll be under the shield reading the latest People magazine. (I'm really interested in the whole Star Jones being shit-canned from the "View" gossip.) However, this beach trip would be different from the norm, and not because of the pod. Instead, I went swimming. Now I have a lobster red chest and shoulders.
But anyway, the chair is awesome. There is a drink holder, a "recline" feature (like two inches make a difference, but whatever), a secret compartment for cash and keys and, from what I read, a highly affective UV protective shield. Next time I head to the beach, I'll have to try that part out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home