Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spoke Too Soon

I suppose I spoke too soon in announcing my defense date. Although it was planned months ago, my advisor/chair seems to have over-committed himself and contacted me this morning to say he hasn't read my dissertation and wants to delay my defense, possibly by several weeks. Which I don't have. Of course, I am crushed. I worry A LOT about his mismanagement of time and how it may affect my ability to file before leaving town. I MUST complete this degree, in full, before moving. I mean, the idea of filing from IL while trying to plan new classes and adjusting to a new town/job/life is beyond overwhelming. AB gave me my graduation/birthday gift early to make me feel better. Too bad the sets of wine and champaign glasses from PB came empty. :(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home