Life in the Virgin Islands
I am applying for a job at the University of the Virgin Islands. I figure, hell--what do I have to lose? The application "season" for academic jobs begins in October and ends in the spring when you (ideally) secure employment or get a shit ton of rejection letters. I fall into the later category. I scour the job lists regularly and today found a post for a 4/4 position teaching composition at UVI. Usually I avoid such heavy teaching loads but tomorrow, I will call career services and have my dossier sent to the islands.

1 Comments:
I know totally how you feel. I've been looking out for jobs for as long as I can remember. I remember seeing ads for the University of the West Indies and thinking... 'man, wouldn't that be something.' Ah well, I'm off to England at the end of this month.
Post a Comment
<< Home