First Day of Fall
Today is the first day of fall and I felt it was time to check in. I spent the summer teaching and resigning from Brooks, writing my dissertation proposal, conducting interviews, building a semi-professional website and playing with my darling Malaika and her new baby sister. June was met with celebration: my thirtieth birthday, a visit from ma, pa and sis and the cutting of over a foot of hair for Locks of Love. July consisted of the B's wedding and the birth of Amani BD, which I was present for the later parts of. And finally, much of August was filled with prepping for the BD move to NY for T's new job. Didn't I just do this with the W's last year? It's all part of the system in higher ed--next summer it's my turn to have school friends pack my shit and ship it to a new state. Now, instead of preparing for the new year of teaching at UCSB (starting Thursday) I've decided to start reading for pleasure. It happens once a year, usually around the Planned Parenthood Book Sale. God I love that event! Anyway, I just finished Freakonomics and started The Hours. Hopefully I will post again before long.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home