Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back from the Books

After a bit of a sabbatical, I am back. Fang is well and the summer is winding down nicely. Teaching is about to go up a few notches as I'm pulling double duty at BIP after Labor Day. Then UCSB starts in three weeks. It will be like having a "real" job again, right mom? I have done little for my own schooling, other than just beginning to write for my first exam question, but have been doing much, much reading. And all for pleasure! I'd say in the last month or so I've read a few thousand pages worth of good, old fashioned fiction. Check out the list below:






A good beach read that's more than simple lust-and-thrust. I plan to check out some of her other books...













Can't believe I never read it until now...oh the shame















Must show love for the rival...and I liked it more (gasp!) than the Bronte sister's classic













Started it today...













Interesting coming-of-age novel...just okay












A fantastic mind-fuck of a book that has made it to my all-time top ten list!! Read only if you are willing to be affected...





Last week I had my first real eye exam ever. Turns out I could benefit from a pair of drugstore half-glasses, similar to those worn by my seventh grade English teacher, but without the neck chain. It's a wonder I can see at all, with all the strain my eyeballs are under, coupled with my gene pool of near-blindness. Shout out to the family, if you can read the type!! I will report more about life when I get my nose out of the books, literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home