What Can Be Done In A Week
In approximately one week, give or take a few days, I finished my first professorial year, filed the diss. officially and bought a house with E! We're very, very happy with our purchase and will post pics as soon as we're in it--July 6th. This place is everything I've ever wanted--all the perks of being near the city (20 miles west of Chicago with a METRA stop three blocks away), a fantastic neighborhood with huge trees and old homes (our "new" place is 104!), charm (trust me, there is plenty, all the way down to original windows and gorgeous woodwork) and a covered front porch for a swing. It's like a dream and E and I are very pleased we were able to make it work. It was tough there for a bit during negotiations but we finally found a civil space that worked for us and the sellers. Stay tuned for pics. :)
Labels: dissertation, E, house, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home