Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tap, Tap...Is This Thing On?

Hello again. Since joining Facebook and Twitter the trail of random babble here has gone cold. You'll be happy to know though that all is well in the world of me. E and I are comfortably settled into the house, we're slowly filling it with furniture and, most importantly, Fang is happy.

The two hour commute to school and back once a week hasn't been too annoying, but I haven't done it in major snow yet. Having a little apartment by campus makes it easier; I can just stay another night if the roads are bad.

My career is moving forward as it should. Funny that the dissertation was the big concern just a few posts ago, and now three semesters into the job I'm preparing for tenure. Sure, it's years away, but I'm (obviously and fairly) being held accountable for meeting certain milestones toward that big mark. This means I continue to propose sessions at conferences and make other contributions to the field, be a good teacher, and try to get some things published in a timely manner. The last one is the biggie: publish or perish. I'm managing okay though, and doing what needs to be done.

This year is a big one for me, as was last, though I didn't include much (if any) detail on what's what. Stay tuned. I might change my mind on how much I divulge.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Whitney said...

This blog is so cool. I'm so psyched to check this out! I'm really into blogging right now also. Yay friend!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home